Thursday, January 05, 2006

Itchy

Since I'm under-employed and consultant starved due to distance, I am having to battle the frustration of hair care on my own until "things" change. I found this treatment concoction for dandruff on the Lockit Up yahoo group site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonic for Dandruff

Essential oils can be used in a base of distilled water to
provide a hair tonic for various uses. Here is a tonic that
will help control dandruff if used several times a week.
You will need:

1 1/2 cups distilled water (or rosewater)
Witch hazel (available at most drugstores)
3 teaspoons of cider vinegar
Oil of Lavender
Oil of Rosemary
Oil of Tea Tree

Mix the water, 1/4 cup of the witch hazel, the cider
vinegar, six drops each of the lavender and rosemary oils,
and three drops of the tea tree oil in a glass bottle.
Shake this well and apply it to your wet or dry hair
several times a week. Massage the tonic into your scalp.
You do not have to rinse your hair afterward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have mixed it and will see how well it controls my dry, itchy scalp. I also purchased Rainwater Tea Tree Oil Shampoo this weekend from a Clear Lake based Health Food outlet. We shall see. I would love to have a re-tightening done and feel the competence of professional hands in my head. Pray for me as I shall you!

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Sisterlocks' Growth Update 2 plus years

Glad you dropped by! Aside from the thinning at the crown, all is well with my locs and my life. The second go around has been a joy. You ne...