Sunday, October 16, 2022

12 Months in with 2nd Sisterlock Installation

 





I am pleased to say that I am enjoying the progress and the process of aging with new hair texture and hairline. My locs are about 7 to 8 inches from the initial 4 inch install. I am going to miss the baby and toddler stages. It is fun to be able to twist and band the locs to get the cute curls, but alas as time goes on, the locs will begin to drop and hang looser. I am cool with it all.

I can't promise I will go 17 years like with my first set of locs, but I am hopeful that I can enjoy this set for as long as I can... God willing and the creek don't rise.



Also, I have lost 30lbs in 6 months. I changed my eating habits by cutting out breads and increasing my protein intake as well as V8 juice, probotics, and lots of salads. I am up to 500 baby crunches/sit ups from my bed both mornings and evenings. I just prop myself up on 4 pillows and engage my core, and it takes about 12 minutes. I do 25 squats daily and am starting to include modified pushups (just 10 a day but will increase over time).  

Sodas or high sugar drinks have been replaced with water with lemon or coconut water. I will have the occasional Big Red and Sugar Free dark chocolate or dark chocolate covered almonds. I ain't denying myself little indulgences. Along with walking 2 to 3 miles when I can, I feel better than I have in a long time.


Blessings~

No comments:

Sisterlocks' Growth Update 2 plus years

Glad you dropped by! Aside from the thinning at the crown, all is well with my locs and my life. The second go around has been a joy. You ne...