Sunday, January 28, 2007

They Say

I have been playing this music on my guitar for a while, and I have been experimenting with lyrics. This song, They Say, is trying to come about, so I decided to post "would be" lyrics on the fly to see if they are here yet... blessings~

They say, "I don't love myself"
and they say, "I don't see"
and they say, "they are scared to death"
and who knows what else

Now, they say, "I have no control"
they say, "the stars reveal my goals"
and they say, "who is this Lord of Host"
who knows what else they say

but I know
I know
I know
What you say
I know what you say
because while I was yet still in sin
you died for me that day

Now they say, "they'll do this and that"
and they say, "Their word is proof of that"
they say, "impose guilt and I'll get results"
but they don't know what they ask

And they say, "God takes care of me"
they say, "That book I needn't read"
and they say, "I need to loosen up"
and they say, "that's enough"

but I know
I know
I know
What you say

cause you came into my life
and gave to me your light
you died upon that cross
so that I would know the cost
I fell upon my knees that day
and praised your name in every way
I shut my mouth and heard from you
your love you gave to me it's true

and now I know I don't need to listen to
a thing
that they.......
say

a thing
that they.......
say

when they say...
but I know
I know
I know
What you say
yes I know
I know what you say
what you say

No comments:

Sisterlocks' Growth Update 2 plus years

Glad you dropped by! Aside from the thinning at the crown, all is well with my locs and my life. The second go around has been a joy. You ne...