Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Stuck in Translation


I prayed for musicians and instruments back in December 2005. Well, I'm still somewhat waiting for it all to come together. There are new instruments, but they do not belong to me; though, I have access to play them. There are musicians, but they only play on Saturdays, and never seem to be able to get with me other than 15 minutes while on stage supposedly performing. Alas, things are a bit off, so I must pray the SERENITY PRAYER.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.


********************************

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6

*********************************

Funds have been light for Maryee and me, but we are making wise choices to do the right thing. We will treat ourselves to loving "treats" so as not to be so completely overwhelmed by our circumstances, nonetheless.

WISD began classes and we should hit a stablizing point by November. I am working at a band instrument repair shop in Waco. There is a lot to learn and I have benefited both educationally, occupationally, and financially from the experience, not to mention, I have made new friends. I am blessed and have peace about where I am and where the music is. It's all HIS and it's all Good.

Be blessed and leave stress behind... Set boundaries and let no man dump his garbage, baggage, or insecurities on you...

In Christ-

jena~

2 comments:

Chass said...

hey ms. evans srry i haven't been on my blogs, i've been workin on myspace

Jena Evans said...

Hey Chass...

no apologies necessary...

Be blessed~

Sisterlocks' Growth Update 2 plus years

Glad you dropped by! Aside from the thinning at the crown, all is well with my locs and my life. The second go around has been a joy. You ne...