Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Poems and Music



My sister Maryee and I are having a good time with poetry nights at Beatnix. Yes, nights... Tuesday nights this Summer are set aside for the teens of Waco and the greater Waco area. From 7:00-9:00 pm teens can come and read poetry. It will run until August 8th.

I am getting more and more comfortable singing and playing on Saturdays. Praises go to God because every time I have to swallow hard and get my self up on that tiny stage.

I have written two new songs and seven new poems since the middle of May. Just this week I have knocked out four poems... two from an exercise Maryee distributed during teen night this Tuesday. What a blessings it has been to be able to express in written words again. It had been a long time coming let me tell you. 36 ain't been a bad year at'tall.

Be blessed to be a blessings to someone else...

No comments:

Sisterlocks' Growth Update 2 plus years

Glad you dropped by! Aside from the thinning at the crown, all is well with my locs and my life. The second go around has been a joy. You ne...