Sunday, January 08, 2006

The New Year and 12th Night

My first new year spent in Waco, Texas in at least fifteen years. Even fifteen years ago, I would have been back in the city in which I escaped Waco for by the 2nd of January... Austin, Iowa City, Atlanta, Denton, New York City, etc...

Maryee and I went to a 12th night celebration this weekend. There were well over 150 people in and out. The 12th night celebration is a celebration of Christ's epiphany 12 days after Christmas. It was held at Kim's home where several college women aid in the support of this old Waco residence's existence (i.e. pay rent). It is a beautiful home. Kim is a wonderful host and a member of Antioch Community Church's evangelical leadership team.

The food and the company were wonderful. The evening was everything I remembered about being around good food, good folk, and good conversation. It was the better parts of Iowa City living and the wonderlust of what I desired from either East or West coast living. It was deliciously delightful. I felt adequate, at home, very much at peace. Thank you Kim and all who came together to make that event happen. Praise God for your ministry of hospitality.

NOT AFRAID

Let's gone grow up together
I'd love to stay a while

I'm not afraid I'm not afraid
I know I'm a fool shining in your mind
centered in your love
I am who I am and know exactly who I'm not
Safe from all the harm true love in a lover found

I'm not afraid I'm not afraid

But I wish you were my keeper
like a mother like a bird

like a mama to a daughter a father to a son
Wings to cover arms to warm

I'm not afraid I'm not afraid

Let's gone grow up together
I'd love to stay a while
Safe from all the harm true love in a lover found

And if it's all right with you
can we love and I not touch you
keep your heart and I'll keep mine too
cause foolish fools we knew growing up we two
all the madness too

let's gone grow up together
no longer children all right
I'd love to stay a while
enter into light

jae 06/20/05 8:35pm

No comments:

Sisterlocks' Growth Update 2 plus years

Glad you dropped by! Aside from the thinning at the crown, all is well with my locs and my life. The second go around has been a joy. You ne...