Monday, October 24, 2005

Naturally Me

Thank God for a loving mother who had this wonderful color photo taken of her first baby girl. All natural...
When I wrote in my header "in the beginning was the natural," this is what I meant. It's 1969 and my mother loved me and my hair. It was very think and very curly. I was very thick and very curly, too. I can see why she couldn't wait to play with my hair. She was a licensed beautician, and well... hello pressing comb! Meet thick thick hair.

This little kid looks happy, well pleased, and has no idea what is to come for her in her life. But, (in my best Color Purple Celie) I loves her. I calls her, Olivia... I'll stitch Olivia...

Blessings!

No comments:

Sisterlocks' Growth Update 2 plus years

Glad you dropped by! Aside from the thinning at the crown, all is well with my locs and my life. The second go around has been a joy. You ne...